Demo-ing Short Spine on the Reformer. This is one of my favorite moves because it stretches out the lower back and feels amazing. Here are the steps:
1. Lie on the reformer with your feet in the straps in frog position with the feet in Pilates stance.
2. Inhale: extend the legs to a high diagonal.
3. Exhale: lift the pelvis up and bring the legs overhead.
4. Inhale: bend the knees toward the shoulders, melting them into the shoulder blocks, feet still in Pilates stance.
5. Keep the feet over the face and articulate the spine back down to the mat.
6. Exhale: bring the heels back toward the bottom and into frog position.
Special thanks to Bill Ward for shooting.